● Has completed UA’s 12 Steps with a UA Sponsor who has done the same in UA, and continues to work the UA Steps with a UA Sponsor, and/or Step Partners who have completed the UA 12 Steps with a UA Sponsor.
● Has a working knowledge of the UA 12 Traditions & 12 Concepts of World Service, when they have been passed by the World Service Conference.
● Has demonstrated a consistent commitment of service in UA at individual meeting levels or higher (e.g. GSR, business chair, world service level committee member, etc.).
● Holds the position of GSR for a UA Group or Intergroup.
● Has six months solvency (solvency being self-defined).
● Can attend monthly GSR Committee meetings and GSB monthly meetings.
● Is able to serve a one-year term.
● Has sufficient time to perform this service. (Approximately 12 – 15 hours per month.)
● Has leadership qualities, including the ability to conduct meetings with kindness and respect.
● Has knowledge of the basics of Robert’s Rules of Order or the willingness to learn.
Following are the duties of the GSR Committee Chair and Co-Chairs:
● Prepare Agenda for monthly GSR Committee meetings.
● Conduct GSR Committee meetings with kindness and respect, following Robert’s Rules.
● Read and review the GSR Committee monthly minutes.
● Email monthly minutes, agenda, motions, GSR Committee Contact List and Standing Rules to the GSR Committee members.
● Supervise posting on the UA website and/or the 9thTradition.org website of the monthly GSR Committee minutes.
● Maintain Contact List of the GSR Committee members, or supervise updating this list.
● Prepare and present oral reports at the monthly GSB meetings (4th Monday, at 8:30 pm ET.) *
● Serve as communications liaison to the GSB and the WSC Planning Committee.
● Assist GSRs with preparation of motions in proper format.
● Welcome new GSRs, answer their questions, and send them orientation materials, or delegate these duties to another GSR.
● Encourage GSRs to populate GSR Committee subcommittees, GSB Committees and WSC-Approved Committees.
● Communicate with GSR subcommittee chairs.
● Provide transition support to the new Chair or Co-Chairs for 30 days after the election of the new Chair or Co-Chairs.
(Passed on May 19, 2019)